1) Let me start at the beginning. I was born on April 7 - five years ago, and weighed a whopping 1 pound 4 ounces at birth. Aren't I cute!!!! I was one of six in the litter and since I was the first boy, Mom tied a blue ribbon around my neck and I became known as "blue boy."
2) When I was seven weeks old, we all traveled to Wisconsin so my littermates and I could be evaluated for show potential. Since I come from a long line of champions, Mom was really hopeful. Here I am at the evaluation. I was a serious guy even then.
3) I'm proud to say that I was evaluated as the 'pick' puppy in the litter. Mom was excited about my future in the show ring. But . . . . alas, it was not to be. I had this 'flaw' that kept me from being a conformation dog - I was cryptorchid (which means my testes were not in the right place!) But, Mom now says that's okay, because if it hadn't been for that, she would never have gotten into the world of obedience.
4) When I first started obedience training, I had this somewhat embarassing problem - I was a submissive peer. When someone would approach me, sometimes I would get scared and pee. Yikes! I'm probably not what you would call a natural at obedience training. But I was Mom's first obedience dog so she didn't know enough to give up on me : )
5) I like to drink water from the bottom of the bucket. And, boy, does that make a mess. But, I just love to stick my head in the water and gulp it up.
6) But, I hate taking baths! Although I like getting in the bathtub. Weird, isn't it?
7) I've never been able to develop a pretty sit. (I've even had judges comment on my sits in the trials.) I think three minutes is a long time to sit in the ring, so I try to get as comfortable as I can for the duration. Mom says, you don't get points for pretty, so she doesn't worry too much about it any more.
8) I'm a lap dog. I like to sit on Mom's lap whenever I can - especially at trials and in utility class. It helps me relax : ) Here I am sitting on Mom's lap at a trial.
9) I'm afraid I'm not a 'dog park' kinda guy. I really don't like dogs getting in my face. I don't mind them being around me - just not in my face! I've never been attacked by a dog, but I'm still a little afraid of some dogs and not sure what they're going to do to me.
10) I love being a therapy dog. I think it might be my favorite thing in the world : )
Okay, now that I've listed 10 honest things about myself, I need to pass this award on to seven bloggers to see if they would like to participate. So here's my seven . . . . .