Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snowy day project

Winter has arrived in the Midwest! We are having our first major snow event of the season today and tomorrow. They are even using the 'b' word - blizzard, to describe conditions. So, it's a good time to sit down at the computer and work on Jackson's presents for his special friends at the care center.

I have mentioned previously that Jackson is a certified therapy dog with TDI (Therapy Dogs International). He visits residents at a local care center every other week and recently completed his 50th visit, so we can now put TDIA (Therapy Dogs International Active) after his name : )

I've been trying to come up with an idea for a little something we can leave with them on our next visit. I'm not a 'crafty' person, but I came across a kit at Hobby Lobby the other day for felt Christmas tree ornaments that can be assembled with a picture in them. I had noticed on our visit last week that most of the residents had Christmas decorations in their rooms, so I thought they might enjoy an ornament with Jackson's picture in it to decorate their tree or bulletin board.

I got busy with my Photoshop program and came up with a picture to put in the ornament, and am now in the process of assembling the ornaments to give to our friends on our visit next week.

Seasons Greetings from Jackson and me!

3 comments:

M.T. said...

Very nice!!!! That makes such a lovely little gift :)

Lindsay said...

That's really cute!

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Hi Jackson and Jackson's Mom,

Who said you weren't crafty...those are adorable and a great idea. My mom is a crafty person but lazy so it takes her a while to creat things but once she gets going she's pretty good at crafts.

I would have loved to be a Therapy Dog but since I was a rescue I don't think I could pass the tests (mom says because I have issues with other dogs) but I don't want to visit other dogs, I'd like to visit military personnel in the hospitals. So I don't know what the big deal would be. It's great that you have accomplished all that you have Jackson. Keep it up.

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

P.S. It's cold, snowy and miserable here and I do not like the cold and snow at all...you should see how fast this old girl can move when it's cold outside....HA ROOO!!