Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another bright idea bites the dust!

We've had a few snow days lately so thought I would try to keep the dogs challenged and entertained with  one of the toys that dispenses treats. I've seen them work great for other dogs, but hadn't tried them with my guys. So, I went looking for one of these toys. Well, I found one at Wal Mart for only $5.99. The price should have been the first clue that this was not gonna last. And, it was hard plastic - not a good thing.

Here it is - the Dogzilla!


I loaded it with some treats and Jolee was the first to try it out. She nosed it for awhile, then she got impatient and started chomping on it.

Jolee with the Dogzilla -


Two minutes later she had chewed it apart and left it with hard, sharp edges that made it no longer useable.

So much for the Dogzilla!


You would have thought I'd seen this coming, wouldn't you?

2 comments:

Jennifer H. said...

LOL Kathie!! Yea it makes is much harder to find toys that can actually hold up to a Great Dane mouth!!

tervnmal said...

Hope springs eternal when trying to find "good" toys. I keep coming back to Kongs for longevity. Really, toy companies should hire your guys to field test things before they go on the market.